Tuesday 7 October 2014

2 DIGIPAK PLANS

 
This is my first Digipak design which I made in Photoshop. While I like the ghostly image I have used for the track list page I think, now looking back on it, that all of the images are a bit muddled and don't flow together well. The colours are quite clashing and all of the images are slightly opposing. The theme is still relevant and transcends through the digipak but I think I should have decided on a theme and stuck with it. I do however, really like the inside image of the forest with the log cabin which would be where the CD is held, it has a very eerie vibe to it which I think it necessary for the product.  


This is the new Digipak I have created which folds into a 6 panel, the same as my original one. I used a Black and White effect to add an edgy feel to the Digipak so it matches the edgy feel of our song and video. I used images of forests and lonely roads because that is what will be featuring in our video as stated in our proposal, shotlist and storyboard. I incorporated the Young Turks record label logo to create authenticity for the Digipak. As well as this I found an image of a barcode to make the Digipak look like a real Digipak. I thought too much black and white would make for a slightly boring overall effect so the front cover is of colour and I found an effect which gives the cover a surreal vibe, linking to the ideology of our video. I tried to find fonts similar to the original SBTRKT font because it works really well for the artist. The contrast between colour and black and white also represents the contrast between our two characters, the human Tom and the ghost Tom. To give an overall authenticity and realness to the Digipak I included a tracklist with 4 songs to make the Digipak appear to be for an EP.    


No comments:

Post a Comment