Friday 17 October 2014

MAGAZINE ADVERTISEMENT PLANS


This is my first attempt at a magazine advertisement. I have used Stock Images from the internet to create the same sort of gesture as our video - that a ghost will be involved with a person. I used Photoshop to create this magazine advertisement and there a lot of things which are lacking from my design. The green artist title is a difficult colour to read against the black background whereas the white is much clearer. The fonts are a bit too basic for a music magazine advertisement. The information is lacking and there is no record label logo to indicate which label SBTRKT are with. However, things which I did that I liked were the black and white effect on the 'ghost' to show he is a ghost and different from the full coloured man. I think my image choices are alright because I picked images which would connect in a way that would portray them looking at each other. They don't have a white background because I used to tools to get rid of the background. To improve the magazine advertisement I think more detailed information needs to be added and perhaps more interesting visuals.

Since doing the first magazine advertisement I have designed another one with much more detail and more sophisticated aesthetics.

I am much prouder of this magazine advertisement since I have developed my Photoshop skills. It is much better than my first one with more detail, information and better images. I have included a Young Turks logo and a quote from a music magazine to promote the single. One thing I really like which I have done is make the middle part of the title black to contrast the white and make it clearer against the background. The background of the road and the forest incorporate into the house style of all three products. Our video is based in a forest and features an abandoned road whilst our digipack also has images of trees and creepy forests on it. I used a black and white theme for the majority of the writing to match the record label logo and so it isn't too over-powering over the top of the background. However, to make the artist name stand out I used an effect which is a mix of colours to amount to something a bit different from the rest of the fonts and colours. I'm glad it doesn't clash with the background, however that is personal opinion, some people might think it does.





No comments:

Post a Comment