Wednesday 3 September 2014

INITIAL IDEAS ON OUR MUSIC VIDEO

My initial idea would be to shoot a video for a fairly slow, relaxed, soulful song. This is because after analysing the Sam Smith video I think it would look more professional and do-able rather than attempt a Pop song and create something tacky and out of time.

Soul, R'n'B and Indie music all seem possible to use for a moderately paced music video that I have in mind. I also don't want too many characters because I don't want our music video to be confusing or too busy. A married couple or a group of friends would be a good idea for characters because they are also good relationships to match with a song. I think an emotional song will require a break up or a falling out storyline to create a really heart-wrenching piece. I think a natural setting is a good idea because then there is not a lot of setting up to do.

I like the video for Dilemma by Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland. The mix of performance shots and relaxed narrative is a perfect combination which inspires me for my own music video. I think that a loose narrative is much better than a hard to follow storyline which will distract from the song.
 
As well as all of this, I want my video to be quirky due to the genre I have in mind. Indie, electro music tend to have randomly loose narratives that perhaps have a deeper meaning.
I like the use of Tarot Cards in the Riptide video by Vance Joy. They are symbolic within the lyrics and I an influenced by the use of spiritual tools and equipment.
 
Doing this task has helped me take influence from other videos and realise the sort of video I want to create. I want my video to be quirky and have a loose narrative, with a symbolic meaning which will allow for audience interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment