Wednesday 3 September 2014

MUSIC VIDEO FACT SHEET



After reading and highlighting the fact sheets provided I have decided to make notes on the most important things I found after reading them. 

Conventions are a really important part of music videos because it is what sets genres apart. I want to do a slightly indie/ alternative video so having rock conventions will be confusing for the audience and not fit well with the genre of music or the video.

Music Videos are a marketing strategy to sell other products. We are also designing a Digipak and Magazine Advertisement so it is important that all 3 products have a similar house style and connect with each other,

Copyright infringement is a big thing to avoid. To do this it is important that the record label for the song we choose to do is contacted and to ensure we have permission to use their artists material.

The music video has to be interesting and entertaining because its purpose is to encourage audiences to buy a copy of the song.

It is essential that a Music Video complements the rhythm on the song. I will take this onboard when creating the music video, ensuring it matches the tempo of the song perfectly. 

A strong narrative is key for the genre I wish to explore and a interesting storyline is a key aspect of this. I will research other music videos of similar genres and take ideas and influences from their music videos.

Performance shots and lip syncing is another important part of music videos and two features I will definitely want to incorporate into my own. Lip syncing has to be perfect to look professional so a practise session will be essential. 

I like music videos which have intertextual references to other popular films or music videos because it shows development and a artistic respect for other media texts. I would definitely consider taking notes from other films and music videos to include into our music video to give it connections to other popular mediums. 

The fact sheet really helped me understand what is important about music videos and what I need to incorporate into my own. Without the fact sheet I wouldn't have known how strongly Copyright is frowned upon and illegal, and will now ensure I have permission from the record label who's artist I decide to go with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment